Timing, Workplace Environment
• Available to work the full season - approximately mid June to the end of July in Naknek, AK.
• Willing to travel by aircraft to remote locations in Alaska.
• Physically able to stand and work long hours and move heavy weights (on some jobs).
• Able to get along well with other people in remote and sometimes adverse conditions.
• Not afraid of hard work and are not prone to complaining.
• Willing to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Willing to follow directions and abide by safety rules.
• Working conditions can be cold and wet, and have a pervasive seafood odor
Job Requirements :
Types of Seafood Processing jobs:
• Head, gut, clean, grade and prepare fish for freezing/canning.
• Rack fish for freezing. Break fish from freezer racks. Put frozen fish in boxes.
• Work on the can line performing one of the many different jobs functions.
• Feed cans and lids into lidding machine; operate machines to move packed seafood from place to place
• Sort, clean, and package salmon roe.